Resolutions for 2021: Harnessing Change
The turn of the calendar brings both the opportunity to reflect on the last 12 months and the chance to begin planning for the next dozen. The New Year is traditionally the time for resolutions. As you think about yours, let us share IECRM’s: to harness the power of change.
At IECRM, we resolve each year to provide great opportunities to you for lifelong learning, skill development, best business practices, and association involvement. In 2020 with the pandemic, we needed to pivot in a new direction to be able to continue to provide those opportunities throughout most of the year. In 2021, no matter what challenges come our way, we are committed to adapt and do more and better things for our members, partners, and apprentices.
Here’s a list of our resolutions for 2021. We hope there’s something here that might trigger a goal or idea for you and your business:
From point-in-time to all-the time: Change is no longer a project with a defined start and end. It’s continuous and accelerating. Being able to lead through change is no longer an optional skill.
- A Safer Community: As safety is at the top of our industry’s concerns, we invite you to join our free monthly Safety Forums that are part of your membership.
- A Educated Community: With the many changes in the workplace that continue to evolve, we will continue to keep our members up to date through free monthly Member Forums, featuring a panel of experts that includes our Industry Partner legal team of Fisher Phillips and our financial expertise of Wipfli.
- Leadership through Committee Involvement: Our committees are off to a great start, making plans for 2021 and beyond! What is your passion? Safety? Regulation and advocacy? Networking? Building the next generation of leaders? Diversity issues? We invite you to join a committee to help strengthen the industry.
From analog to digital: Advances in technology are reshaping both the challenges and possibilities in electrical contracting and construction, changing the nature of jobs and necessitating a broader rethinking of the future of our work. This requires:
- Valuable Learning Opportunities: Click here for Career College and Continuing Education: PDUs, CEUs, Safety, Solar, NEC Changes, and License Prep.
- Online Continuing Education & Safety Training: IECRM-approved electrical training courses from the convenience of your home or office.
From fixed to flexible: The very nature of the workforce is changing and workers are reshaping expectations. Nontraditional working arrangements are changing the way we gather, hire, and train.
- Meaningful Networking Opportunities: 2020 proved that your membership continues to be valuable! The popular Member Forums of 2020 will continue on, in addition to safely-held popular in-person events such as the Golf Tournament and Clay Shoot, and hybrid and online events as needed. Remember, when your company is a member of IECRM, everyone at the company is a member.
- More Opportunities for Members to Hire the Right People:
- Online Hire List: The IECRM Hire List is a continually updated list of individuals with varying levels of electrical experience that IECRM Contractor Member companies may use to find and hire new employees.
- Automated Online Job Posts: Any contractor member or industry partner can post for any position.
- Online Borrowed Worker List: When a contractor has a surplus of good people that he/she would like to keep when work is slow, they can be offered to other contractors as part of a short-term lending program.
- Online Career Fairs: The pandemic has made clear that electricians are essential. IECRM will host career fairs to attract new talent to your virtual booth.