Big News for CEUs!
IECRM is your one-stop for The State’s new requirements.
With the State of Colorado’s new requirement of 24 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for ALL electrical licenses, you’ve come to the right place!
- 24 Required Hours: It’s easy to complete your 24 required hours with the variety of state-approved CEUs offered through IECRM.
- New State-Approved Courses: Your IECRM Training Department has been working diligently with the State to get CEU credit hours for some of our most popular courses.
- Member Discount: Members always receive the best pricing on CEUs and professional development courses. Click here to see our full line-up.
- Group Rates: Ensure your workforce is compliant and receive a 10% discount when you sign up 10 or more of your team together. Sign up online at iecrm.org/GroupCEU.
- Reciprocity with 15 States: Lifelong learning pays off when you put your training to work for you throughout the country.
The New Rules:
All electrician and electrical contractor licenses expire on September 30, 2020. Renewals open approximately six weeks prior to the expiration date. New applicants who are issued a license within 120 days of the upcoming renewal expiration date will be issued a license with the next expiration date. Before renewing in September 2020, all licensed electricians must complete 24 hours of continuing education in lieu of the Continued Competency Assessment according to the House Bill 16-1073 signed into law on April 15, 2016.
IECRM offers a variety of electrical CEUs, listed below, that have been approved by the State of Colorado. These CEUs can be taken in any combination to accrue the required 24 hours. A minimum of four (4) continuing education hours must be related to National Electrical Code changes and a maximum of four (4) hours may be related to safety training. Sign up today and save time, money, and stress.
- National Electrical Code changes – 8 CEU Hours (4 hours min. required)
- Grounding and Bonding – 8 CEU Hours
- Theory and calculations – 8 CEU Hours
- Wiring methods – 8 CEU Hours
- NEW APPROVED CEU: JW, RW, and ME License Preparation Course – 20 CEU Hours
- NEW APPROVED CEU: Advanced Motor Controls – 16 CEU Hours
- NEW APPROVED CEU: NFPA 70e – 4 CEU Hours (up to 4 hours of safety training accepted)
A Group Rate Option for contractors makes it easier to get their workforce compliant. Book a CEU course for 10 or more people and receive a 10% discount. Book multiple CEUs and get a 20% discount. Book into an existing class or call to schedule a class date that works best for your company’s schedule. We will even come to your location! For more information about the CEU Group Rate option, please email Paul Lingo, IECRM Training Director at email@example.com or book your spot today online.
Colorado has reciprocal licensing agreements with 15 different states:
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Colorado electricians applying for a reciprocal license in a participating state must contact that state for specific requirements and fees. Electricians coming to work in Colorado from a participating state must meet specific requirements. Click here to learn more.