IECRM Receives a special gift from EGTC for National Apprenticeship Week
IECRM Celebrated the 2nd Annual National Apprenticeship Week, November 14-20, 2016, with a focus on appreciation of its apprentices and an expo of comprised of national tool manufacturers that gave live demonstrations and giveaways at the event. IECRM had a hot dog cook out for all apprentices and visitors. Some of the booth holders at the expo included:
Emily Griffith Technical College (EGTC), also held a booth at the IECRM apprentice appreciation and expo event. EGTC, hand delivered gifts of appreciation to IECRM training staff and also gave a gift of $500 to IECRM’s 4 Year Electrical Apprenticehip Training Program, to use towards start-up costs for apprentices.
Apprenticeship is an “earn and learn” training model that combines work-based learning with related classroom teaching using the highest industry standards. IECRM currently has more than 1,300 electrical apprentices enrolled in the program. These apprentices are building a foundation for a highly-skilled and rewarding career in the electrical industry.
IECRM Four-Year Apprenticeship Program Features
- Highly qualified educator, contractor, and electrician teaching teams including IEC-trained instructors
- High-quality resource materials, including an in-depth curriculum that is produced by the nation’s leading electrical contractors
- Product training and support from major equipment manufacturers
- Minimum of 144 hours of classroom training per year with lectures, demonstrations, labs, homework, and a comprehensive final that must be passed prior to graduating to the next level
- Debt-free learing! The majority of IECRM employers pay for their workers’ training so the apprentices graduate with lifelong career skills and no debt.
Learn More about IECRM’s industry-leading Four-Year Apprentice Training Program here!