News from IECRM Members | August 2013
News from our networking events
Winner of the Ice Cream Eating Contest was Sam Gluck, one of our newest apprentice instructors who works for Weifield Group Contracting! Sam was first of nine competitors to finish 1/2 gallon of ice cream in record time. Check out Facebook for funny photos from the event! (“Like” our page!)
Congrats to Theresa Donahue of SoGoGreen LED Lighting, who won our giveaway of 1 week of digital billboard space, valued at $500. Theresa found the winning ticket which was hidden inside a pinata. Look for her billboard ad on the digital billboard at I-76 and 270, the week of September 16th.
Who won this year’s Golf Tournament?
In case you missed it, EcoGreenOffice came in First Place in our Annual Golf Tournament, and Northglenn Winlectric took Second Place. Congrats to our winners, and thanks to all our players for playing golf to support IECRM! Check out Facebook for all the pictures (“Like” us!)
News from our members
Easter-Owens was awarded Colorado Company to Watch for 2013 by the City of Arvada and Capital Value Advisors. To celebrate, the company hosted an Open House on August 9th at their Arvada office.
Graybar is having its 2013 Annual Technology Showcase on Wednesday, September 11th at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, in the East Club Main Event Space. On display will be comm/data, electrical, automation and security lines, bringing together a complete offering of building infrastructure systems under one roof. Register now and you’ll be entered into their drawing to win an iPad.
Pinnacol Assurance is having an Electrical Safety Training on Friday, October 11th from 8am-4:30pm at their office (7501 E. Lowry Blvd, Denver, CO 80230). Register online here, tickets are $15 for Pinnacol policyholders and $30 for non-policyholders. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Deadline to register is October 3rd.
Weifield Group Contracting is proud to announce Weifield Preconstruction Manager, James “Jim” Dent, has been appointed to the Colorado State Electrical Board. Jim carries a Master Electrician’s License, has over 38 years of experience in the electrical industry, and spent 10 consecutive years teaching for IECRM. Congratulations, Jim!
Please say hello to our newest members!
We are thrilled to introduce a record 10 new members – 1 General Contractor, 5 Electrical Contractors, and 3 Industry Partners.
- GE Johnson Construction, an employee-owned firm, services include pro forma cost modeling, building information modeling, building systems integration, turnkey design/build trade services, general construction, site development, and low voltage systems management (including medical). Contact: Philip Soderborg.
- Alliance Electric, providing commercial, residential, and light industrial services. Contact: Mike Lujan.
- Complete Wiring Solutions, specializing in residential electrical contracting and some light industrial. Contact: Adam Trenholm.
- Modelco Electric, providing residential, commercial, and solar PV services. Contact: John Gordon.
- Ovation Electrical Technologies, offering residential and commercial electrical services. Contact: Neil Olsen.
- Peak To Peak Electric, offering residential, commercial, industrial, fire alarms and solar services. Contact: Tim Plumb.
- SKS Electric, specializing in commercial as well as offering heavy industrial and residential services. Contact: Steve Gilbert.
- At Your Service Car Care, providing full-service mobile oil changes and inspections at a shop, on a job site, or at home. Contact: Bradley O’Rourke.
- Corey Electrical Engineering, electrical construction document design for commercial buildings and transportation projects. Contact: Anne Stilson-Cope.
- Unser Racing & Entertainment, offering indoor karting, corporate event and meeting space, restaurant, game room, and more! Contact: Taylor Spradling.
Say hello to these new members at our next Happy Hour on September 12th!
Members and partners, please email all news items, press releases, and/or photos to Samantha McCormick, IECRM Marketing Manager, at email@example.com.