2019 Apprentice Wire-Off Competition
Each year across the country, hundreds of electrical apprentices enrolled in IEC apprenticeship training programs will put their newly honed skills to the test in skills challenges to compete for prizes and for a spot in the IEC National Competition at IEC-CON held this fall in St. Louis, Missouri.
Join IECRM to cheer on our top 40 competitors!
Wire-Off Competition & Energy Expo
Friday, May 10
IECRM Northglenn Main Campus
On Friday May 10th, in conjunction with the IECRM Energy Expo, from 1-5pm at the IECRM Main Campus (11429 Pearl Street, Northglenn, CO 80233), 40 IECRM Electrical Apprentices will compete LIVE in the Annual Wire-Off Competition, a series of full-day electrical skills challenges and national competition qualifier. Competing are the ten students with the highest G.P.A. from each year of the 4-year Apprenticeship Training Program at IECRM. The challenges consist of basic motor control circuits, line diagrams, materials and circuit installation, and more. First through third-year students compete to win a trip to the IEC National Convention, among other valuable prizes. Fourth-year students compete to be the Colorado finalist that will represent IECRM at the national competition.
In 2018, IECRM apprentice Mike Lempka from Good Electric won the National Apprentice of the Year Award, triumphing in the IEC National Wire-Off Competition in Indianapolis, IN. “We definitely have a national title to defend and hopefully win again this year,” says Paul Lingo, IECRM Training Director. “Our 4th year winner will proudly represent us in St. Louis and – no pressure – we hope will bring home the national title again this year.”
2019 Wire-Off Competitors
The following students have qualified to participate in the 2019 Skills Challenge Competition at the IECRM Wire-Off on May 10th. They were picked based on their outstanding GPA scores and we look forward to seeing them compete. First place winners will be granted an all expense paid trip to the 2019 IEC National Convention in St. Louis this October to cheer on our IECRM 4th-year competitor.
Congratulations 1st-year Students:
- James Bliven: Broes Electric, Inc.
- Erik Pritchard: Ban Electric Services, Inc.
- Caleb Gibney-Mcguire: Montgomery Electric
- Maxwell Brake: MV Power Solutions
- Brian Haffner: Bear Electric
- Eric Hummel: Eagle Electric
- Joshua Westra: APCO Electric
- Taylor Harpham: Magee Electric, Inc.
- John Buckwalter: Weifield Group Electrical Contracting
- Matthew Dufour: Wayne’s Electric, Inc.
Congratulations 2nd-year Students:
- Enrique Ramirez: Kenny Electric
- Noe Flores: Integrity Electrical Solutions, LLC
- Jonathan Moser: Unaffiliated
- Jason Shaul: Kenny Electric
- Kevin Nelson: Namaste Solar
- Jesus Flores-Ramos: ADK Electric Corporation
- Justin Spindler: Namaste Solar
- Mark Crump: Weifield Group Electrical Contracting
- David Moore: Weifield Group Electrical Contracting
Congratulations 3rd-year Students:
- Nicholas Sok: Merit Electric, Inc.
- Juan Blohm: Namaste Solar
- Samuel Lease: Encore Electric, Inc.
- Ryan Slayton: Denver Water
- Steve VanDyke: J&R Electric
- Felix Herzog: Bret’s Electric, LLC
- James Winne: Cemex
- Cameron Ratcliff: CoorsTek
- John Green: Encore Electric, Inc.
- Jack Cederberg: Regency Electric, Inc.
The following are now eligible to compete for the IEC – Rocky Mountain – Apprentice of the the Year. The 1st place winner will represent IECRM in National Competitions this fall. Great job and thank you for your hard work and dedication to your education and to your career!
Congratulations 4th-year Students:
- Stefan Boyer: Long Building Technologies, Inc.
- Jackie Brunton: Juniper Mountain Electric
- Michael Curtis: Integrity Electrical Solutions, LLC
- Jarod Debrine: Choice Electric
- Mark Erbland: 1st Electric Contractors, Inc.
- Cole Erickson: Piper Electric Co., Inc.
- James McNown: Encore Electric, Inc.
- Benjamin Richards: Productive Electric, LLC
- Christopher Zimmer: Piper Electric Co., Inc.
- Ryan Stiner: Encore Electric, Inc.
Electrical contractors, industry professionals, apprentices, prospective students, associates, and their friends and families are invited to attend the region’s premier energy and electrical trade exposition and cheer on Colorado’s future electricians. Lunch will be served at 1pm. The Wire-Off finalists will be announced at 4:15pm. Click here to join us at this year’s Energy Expo & Wire-Off Competition!