Date(s) – Thursday, July 26, 2018
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
IECRM Main Campus
Please join us for this special quarterly membership luncheon to welcome new members, meet IECRM Board of Directors and Staff, discover new and existing member benefits, discuss hot industry topics, and learn about what’s coming up.
Please RSVP if you can attend. If you cannot attend, please invite a colleague from your company to attend on your behalf – or better yet – bring them with you!
This luncheon will feature special guest Kate Raabe from Fisher and Phillips to discuss Hot Industry Topics including:
- What’s changed at the NLRB under the new administration? Joint employer issues, changes in handbook compliance standards, and other pro-business changes
What should my company know about labor unions? Organizing? Salting? Union Elections? Should I be concerned? What do I need to know?
- What happened to the regs significantly increasing salaries to qualify for “exempt from overtime” status? What if I just realized I might not be paying overtime correctly?
- Is OSHA enforcing the “new” silica standard?
- What about drug testing after a jobsite accident or injury?
- Have I met OSHA’s “new” electronic record keeping obligations?
- What scary surprises might I encounter if doing or considering federal government work?
- Are there new state employment laws to consider too?
Use the benefit of your IEC membership to take advantage of knowledgeable advice and counsel at no cost to you. Bring with you a list of any labor and employment-related questions you would like to ask.