IECRM’s committees play a vital role in the progression of our organization. We’re calling upon your expertise and knowledge of the electrical industry, as well as your leadership and engagement, to help guide the IEC National work this year.
Here are the top 10 benefits of joining an IEC National committee:
- Experience – Experience how IEC works, share your expertise, and learn from others’ experience in the industry.
- Relationships/Networking – Joining a committee helps you build stronger relationships with other electrical contractors and partner members who support and serve our profession.
- Brand Building – Build your brand by getting involved. It’s not about who you know anymore—it’s about who knows you.
- Development – Committee participation leads to uncovering business insights you can utilize in your professional and personal development.
- Leadership Opportunities – Active participation on a committee opens up opportunities to serve in leadership positions (many committees have Chair, Co-Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary roles) or lead to becoming a board member.
- Service – Contribute to the growth and future success of IEC.
- Pay it Forward – Give back to the industry by making a difference in committee involvement.
- A chance for people to see you in action – Show people how great you are!
- Community – IEC is made up of a wonderful community of knowledgeable and helpful electrical contractors and industry partners.
- Insider Sneak Peaks! You’ll gain insight and know what’s happening before everyone else.
IEC National has several volunteer committees that meet regularly. Committees are considered working committees, as they regularly have tasks to advance the mission of IEC. Committees provide recommendations on pertinent issues back to the full Board of Directors for review.
To join a committee, go to://www.ieci.org/committee-request-form