Did You Post a Job Today?…Member Benefit: Free Job Board
Did You Post a Job Today? Finding workers for various jobs in your business can be a never-ending task and you need all the tools to help find talent that you can get. IECRM provides a free benefit to its members through its Job Board at iecrm.org/jobs, available to you online 24/7. The process is simple. Once you’ve submitted your post, IECRM will review it to go live within 2 business days.
5 Tips from IECRM staff:
- The first thing job seekers will see is the title, in which you can include some catchy phrases. In the description, include the name of the position and the top 1-3 things that make the job attractive to an applicant. Try to sound different from your competition.
- Provide information about your company, interesting points about job sites, clients, projects, awards, and work culture facts that might interest an applicant. Include the requirements that are essential to the job and provide information on work hours, pay, interesting projects, education opportunities, benefits or perks.
- Note the application process and timing. This is especially important if it is a one interview hire. Candidates that are immediately available will jump on roles like this as they can get a job in days versus weeks.
- Take advantage of this member benefit often. Post all the available jobs you are looking to fill in addition to apprenticeships. Re-post your jobs monthly to keep them fresh and updated. It’s easy and provides one more avenue for finding much-needed workers.
- Repost your job postings through the free Apprenticeship.gov website. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Apprenticeship.gov website helps the right career seeker find you through two paths to get your apprenticeship jobs posted.
IECRM has a reputation for being a go-to resource for jobs that are available in electrical contracting. The online job board is also promoted at hiring events that IECRM participates in on behalf of our members. We host Career Fairs for our members and also attend several hiring events every year to promote members’ open positions. One of the most notable among the hiring events we attend and exhibit at is the Construction Careers Now (CCN) program, a four-week pre-apprenticeship program that educates participants about multiple skilled trades career opportunities.