Six Colorado Electrical Contractors and Energy Companies Receive National Awards
DENVER, Colorado — October 7, 2013 — Six Colorado energy industry companies received national awards for excellence in electrical construction, safety, and community service, among other categories, at the 56th Annual IEC National Awards Banquet on Saturday, September 28th, in Portland, Oregon. Additionally, IECRM CEO, Spenser Villwock, was awarded Executive Director of the Year, and an IECRM apprentice graduate took Second Place in the National Wire-Off Competition.
The awards were presented at the 56th Annual IEC National Convention, a conference and expo attended by nearly 60 IEC chapters located across the United States, and the hundreds of electrical contractors and energy industry companies that belong to each chapter.
The seven awards are as follows (one company received two awards):
- Award for Excellence in Electrical Construction — Commercial Construction
- Project: Hazelton Correctional Facility
- Recipient: Northern Electric, Inc. (Westminster, CO)
- Award for Excellence in Electrical Construction — Efficient Energy/Green Construction
- Project: National Renewable Energy Laboratory Controllable Grid Interface
- Recipient: Weifield Group Contracting (Denver, CO)
- Award for Excellence in Electrical Construction — Residential Construction
- Project: 2020 Lawrence Street Apartments
- Recipient: 1st Electric Contractors, Inc. (Lakewood, CO)
- Community Service Award
- Project: Missionary Work to build the Tokuma Academy in Ethiopia
- Recipient: Jim Schoenfelder of 1st Electric Contractors, Inc. (Lakewood, CO)
- IEC-CNA Safety Award
- Recipient: Bret’s Electric, LLC (Frederick, CO)
- IEC National Member of the Year
- Recipient: Wade Hamlin of N Line Electric, LLC (Longmont, CO)
- Industry Achievement Award
- Recipient: Paula Nolan of Siemens Industry, Inc. (Littleton, CO)
IECRM CEO, Spenser Villwock, received the award of IEC Chapter Executive Director of the Year for exhibiting outstanding leadership, accomplishments, and service over the past year.
Herb Duelm, an apprentice at Lakewood Electric Company, Inc. in Englewood, Colorado, won Second Place out of 22 competitors in the National Wire-Off Competition, which took place on Saturday, September 28th. Herb recently graduated with Valedictorian honors from the IECRM Four-Year Apprentice Training Program in Denver, Colorado.
A large number of IECRM members attended this year’s convention, including: 1st Electric Contractors, Inc., Allcable, Inc., Bret’s Electric, LLC, CLP Resources, Inc., Integrity Electrical Solutions, Lakewood Electric Company, Inc., Legrand, LEI Companies, Inc., N Line Electric, LLC, Northern Electric, Inc., Siemens Industry, Inc., Thomas & Betts, and Weifield Group Contracting.
IECRM and Allcable, Inc. donated a $250 Tiffany & Co. gift card to the Wire-Off LiveWire Auction. Legrand hosted a successful happy hour for IECRM members.
Visit www.iecrm.org or call (303) 853-4886 to learn more about IECRM, and to find out how to become a member or partner of the trade association.