Independent Electrical Contractors Rocky Mountain (IECRM) Announces its 2016 Summit Award Winners!
On April 14th, nearly 150 guests gathered at the Denver Athletic Club for the 10th Annual IECRM Summit Awards Banquet. The annual awards ceremony recognizes companies in the electrical, construction, and renewable energy fields for projects that demonstrated excellence in the categories of residential, commercial, industrial, energy efficiency, and safe work practices. Also recognized are individuals that demonstrate excellence in community service, political advocacy, veteran support, and involvement in contributing back to the industry. IECRM is Rocky Mountain’s premier nonprofit electrical and energy trade association, the second largest IEC chapter, and the largest IEC apprenticeship school in the country.
“This year we celebrated a decade of honoring excellence in the electrical, construction, and green building fields. For ten years, we have recognized the lifetime achievements of several members, the above and beyond support we receive from our partners, the projects that have added to the landscape and vitality of our communities, and the contributions that our IEC apprentice alumni and instructors have made in the industry,” said Marilyn Akers Stansbury, IECRM, CEO. “Many IECRM Summit Award winners go on to compete at the IEC National Convention and have received national awards for their outstanding work.”
The 10 year anniversary of the IECRM Summit Awards included an Inaugural Veterans Support Award, added to the Special Peak Awards category, to recognize companies that have demonstrated leadership as a veteran-friendly employer by addressing the employment challenges faced by veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses through outreach, recruitment, employment, training, and retention.
Announcing this year’s IECRM Summit Award winners:
- Highest Peak Award, Celebrating “Best in Show” of the 10th Annual Summit Awards
- Weifield Contracting Group (Denver, CO)
- Residential Project of the Year
- Kent Place Residences — 1st Electric Contractors, Inc. (Lakewood, CO)
- Commercial Project of the Year
- Over $3M: Union Station Block A Project — Weifield Group Contracting (Denver, CO)
- $1.5M-$3M: Confidential Global Telecom Client Project — Weifield Group Contracting (Denver, CO)
- $500,000-$1.5M: Pepsi Center Lighting Upgrade Project — Weifield Group Contracting (Denver, CO)
- Under $500,000: Mile High Surgery Center — Bret’s Electric (Frederick, CO)
- Industrial Project of the Year
- Over $3M: Lonesome Creek Gas Processing Plant – Northern Electric, Inc (Thornton, CO)
- $1.5M-$3M: Value Plastics Manufacturing – Bret’s Electric (Frederick, CO)
- $500,000-$1.5M: City of Longmont Waste Water Treatment Plant – Gravity Thickener & Gas Digester Project — Weifield Group Contracting (Denver, CO)
- Energy Efficiency and Green Construction Project of the Year
- Rubble I & II Landfill Solar Farms — Northern Energy & Power, LLC (Thornton, CO)
Announcing this year’s Special Peak Award winners:
- Electrical Service Award, for Exhibiting Excellence in Electrical Service
- Integrity Electrical Services (Golden, CO)
- Safety Excellence Award, for Exhibiting an Impressive Track Record of Safety
- Accent Electrical Services (Broomfield, CO)
- Inaugural Veterans Support Award, for demonstrating leadership as a veteran-friendly employer by addressing the employment challenges faced by veterans, transitioning service members and military spouses through outreach, recruitment, employment, training, and retention
Announcing this year’s Education Award winners:
- IECRM Alumni of the Year
- Chris Hoag, Master Electrician, Sports Authority Field at Mile High
- IECRM Instructor of the Year
- Tim Carney, Systems Manager, Boulder County Architects
Announcing this year’s Executive Award winners:
- Community Service Award, for community involvement, industry advocacy and volunteer work
- Lindsey Cox — 1st Electric Contractors, Inc. (Lakewood, CO)
- Legislative Award, for legislative work in support of the electrical industry and workforce education
- Senator Kevin Grantham — State Senate District 2
- Executive Director Award, for leadership and innovation in the energy, electrical and construction industry
- Chris Cumpton — Integrity Electrical Services (Golden, CO)
- Industry Partner of the Year Award, for strongly supporting IECRM and the
energy, electrical and construction industry
- Pete Aden — Bauerle and Company (Englewood, CO)
Additional sponsors of the 10th Annual Summit Awards include: Allcable, Inc. (www.allcableco.com), All Copy Products (www.allcopyproducts.com), Bauerle & Company, P.C. (www.bcdenver.com), Carlton Electric, Inc. (www.carltonelectric.com), Corey Electrical Engineering, Inc. (www.coreyeng.com), Office Sensei (www.office-sensei.com) and Pinnacol Assurance (www.pinnacol.com).
Registration is now open for the 2016 Wire-Off Competition, Skills Challenge and Energy Expo, the annual energy trade show showcasing the latest tools, products, and supplies in the energy industry, on Friday, May 20th. To register or for more information please visit: https://www.iecrm.org/events/2016-energy-expo-and-wire-off-competitions-2/
About Independent Electrical Contractors Rocky Mountain (IECRM)
Since 1981, the Independent Electrical Contractors Rocky Mountain (IECRM) has been the leading electrical and renewable energy contractor association in Colorado. Representing over 200 member companies responsible for $2B annually, and educating over 1,100 electrical apprentices and licensed electricians annually, IECRM is dedicated to educating, promoting, and advancing the electrical industry.
IECRM, located in Denver, Colorado, is a chapter of the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC), a national trade association for merit shop electrical and systems contractors.