Thursday, March 11, 2021
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
Hosted by IECRM Diversity & Inclusion Committee
IECRM is honored to provide our members with value-rich forums that pertain to our industry. Below you will find a bulleted recap of the discussion and helpful links to resources.
Watch the VIDEO RECORDING of this week’s forum: Bridging the Gap; WorkLife Partnership & COVID Updates.
Upcoming Safety Forum: Wednesday, March 31 – Ladder and Fall Safety. Register now to join the upcoming live discussion.
If you have any questions to ask of our subject matter experts or suggestions for future Member Forums, please contact IECRM CEO Marilyn Akers Stansbury at email@example.com or 303.853.4886.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS
WorkLife Partnership: Earning Trust in the Time of Covid – Real Support is Needed for Employee Well-Being
- The unseen realities – don’t assume you know what is going on in your employees’ lives. If they are struggling in their work, there is likely a reason that you are unaware of.
- 8 million pushed into poverty because of the pandemic
- Half of US households lost significant income
- 40 million at risk of eviction
- 16% of kids do not have enough to eat
- 20% increase in domestic violence
- 28% increase in drug overdoses in Colorado alone
- There is so much on all of our minds
- Health concerns related to the pandemic
- Racial tensions
- Political tensions
- Isolation due to restrictions causing loneliness and for many, hopelessness
- The second wave of the pandemic is a mental health wave
- Marital/Relational stresses
- Stresses of daily life
- Anxiety rising
- 5.5 million employees feel they are no longer mentally healthy
- 1 in 5 adults is experiencing some form of mental illness
- It is important to begin talking about company EAPs in safety trainings.
- Could prevent long-term issues
- May save a life (suicide rates have escalated)
To continue reading, download the forum recap.