- Lightning is the most dangerous and most frequent weather hazard experienced.
- Damage from lightning to home electronics usually occurs from an indirect strike to utility poles or wires nearby entering the building through power, phone and TV lines.
- Lightning strikes the earth 25 million times a year, with an estimated $5 billion in annual loss.
- Lightning is not confined to thunderstorms. it’s been seen in volcanic eruptions, intense forest fires, surface nuclear detonations, heavy snowstorms and in large hurricanes.
- Lightning is the second highest storm-related killer in the United States.
- Florida has the highest frequency of lightning in the United States with over 300,000 strikes per year.
- Global warming and climate change will increase lightning activity according to NASA
Increase your sales by adding surge suppression devices (SPD) to every commercial and industrial facility service upgrade quote. Contact Power Management Systems & Sales – (303) 455-8475 – to find out more.