PDU: Grounding and Bonding Class in Ft Collins, Colorado
Date(s) – Saturday, May 20, 2017
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
IECRM Ft. Collins Campus
Registration for this class will open on: Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Complete your Grounding and Bonding PDU requirement with this 1-day, 8-credit class at IECRM in Fort Collins, Colorado.
This class provides an overview of Article 250 from the NEC, covering line and load side, grounding and bonding.
Students will learn:
- The importance of using accepted definitions of terms applicable to grounding and bonding
- The importance of providing a low-impedance path of proper capacity to ensure the operation of overcurrent protective devices
- The various components of the grounding and bonding system
- Electric shock hazards and the effect of electricity on the human body
IECRM’s PDU courses meet the criteria of the Colorado State Electrical Board Rule 9.7, and are approved for Wyoming continuing education, and are approved for New Mexico continuing education. In addition, this course meets the criteria for continuing education re-certification requirements of NABCEP Solar PV Certified Installers.
Below is the curriculum that this class will cover, though please note that the instructor will touch upon different topics at different lengths, based on the learning needs of each class.
- Article 100: Grounding, bonding, bonding jumper, equipment grounding conductor
- Article 250:
- 250.24: Routing and sizing, parallel service-entrance conductors, more requirements
- 250.28: Main and system bonding jumpers, material, construction, attachment, size
- 250.35: Permanently installed generators
- 250.50: Grounding electrode system
- 250.53: Bonding jumper
- 250.56: Resistance of rod, pipe, and plate electrodes, earth resistance tester, multiple rods, pipes, and plates
- 250.80: Service raceways and enclosures, exceptions
- 250.86: Other conductor enclosures and raceways
- 250.90: General
- 250.92: Bonding of services, methods
- 250.94: Bonding for other systems
- 250.96: Bonding other enclosures, general
- 250.102: Size bonding conductors and jumpers, supply side bonding jumper, equipment bonding jumper on load side of an overcurrent device
- 250.104: Metal water piping, buildings of multiple occupancy, bonding of piping at multiple buildings, other, structural metal, separately derived systems, metal water piping systems, common grounding electrode conductor
- 250.122: Motor circuits, conductors in parallel
- 250.140: Frames of ranges and clothes dryers (new, existing circuits)
- 250.142: Use of grounded circuit conductor for grounding equipment
- Chapter 5 of NEC: Grounding of specific equipment: Insulated equipment grounding conductor, receptacles with insulated grounding terminal, mobile homes, manufactured homes, etc.
NOTE: All purchased book(s) will be distributed on the first day of class.
- OPTIONAL: 2014 NEC Code Book
- OPTIONAL: 2017 NEC Code Book
- OPTIONAL: TABS for Code Book
2017 NEC Code and other optional items are now available! Get yours at iecrm.org/books.
What past students said
“IEC has always been a great learning experience, from the time I was an apprentice to 20 years later doing PDUs.”
“Really enjoyed the presentation. Interesting anecdotes.”
Bookings are closed for this event.