Parade of Lights Float Design Contest
Date(s) – Saturday, July 1, 2017 – Monday, July 31, 2017
IECRM is creating the first new float in 20 years for the 2017 Parade of Lights in Downtown Denver!
IECRM wants to extend the opportunity to be involved to its students, alumni, members, and industry partners by holding a contest for the concept of the float design and pulling together a float build team of professionals in the industry.
To enter a float design idea, click here for the instructions, guidelines, sketch templates, and the entry form.
To join us in building the actual float, please click here to sign up for the float build team.
(The winner of the design contest does NOT need to be a part of the float build team).
What’s Needed to Enter the Design Contest:
- A Theme/Title of your float.
- A detailed written description.
- Sketches/drawings of your design from the top and side view. The sketches/drawings do not need to be artistically rendered and can be as basic as labeling the location of items in your design description.
How to Submit Your Entry: To submit an entry for the float contest please complete the online form at the bottom of this page or email the completed forms to email@example.com or deliver to the IECRM Main Campus at 11429 Pearl Street, Northglenn, CO 80233. For questions please call 303.853.4886.
Design contest winner will receive: 4 VIP tickets to watch the parade from the Grandstand and Warming Hut Hospitality Area on Saturday, December 2. Plus recognition in press coverage for the individual and company.
About the Parade of Lights: The 9NEWS Parade of Lights is produced annually by the Downtown Denver Partnership. The two-mile parade route in Downtown Denver is the stage for Colorado’s brightest holiday tradition.
Telecast: The Parade will air on LIVE TV as a one-hour prime time special on Friday, December 1, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. by 9NEWS (KUSA); and will rebroadcast three additional times later in the month.
Parade Dates: Friday, Dec. 1, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. (The winner of the design contest does NOT need to be available on these dates.)
Design Contest Deadline: All design concepts must be submitted by Monday, July 31, 2017.
Guidelines for the float design:
- The design cannot be specific to IECRM, the industry, or be branded to any company. (IECRM and participating companies will have signage on the finished float).
- The float must have a holiday and/or whimsical theme and must not replicate any of the current floats. Click here to see the current list of float inventory.
- Do not use any trademarked/licensed characters (such as Mickey Mouse, Batman, etc). Other characters that cannot be used are Santa, a red-nosed reindeer, or snowman (already used in current floats).
- Use your imagination and creativity to wow the audience for a float that may run in the Parade of Lights for the next 20 years!
Length: 32 ft
Height: Maximum of 13 ft
Width: 10 ft
Questions? Please call IECRM at 303.853.4886.